Contrary to popular belief, there most certainly is an "I" in "team." It is the same "I" that appears three times in "responsibility."
~Amber Harding

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Marquez thinks Pacquiao won. Pacquiao wants to fight Marquez in his home town.

We all know that the recent Manny Pacquiao fight has controversy written all over it. Some sports analysts would say that this is nothing short of a robbery.

I mean just read this:

Yahoo! Sports scored it 117-111 for Pacquiao, the same margin as Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press and Steve Carp of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Dan Rafael of ESPN had it 118-110 for Pacquiao. HBO's Harold Lederman had it 119-109, or 11 rounds to one, for Pacquiao. -- Yahoo Sports

That being, it would be interesting to know what Juan Manuel Marquez, dubbed as Manny Pacquiao's greatest rival (outside Floyd Mayweather), thought of the results.

In the end of a Spanish/Mexican interview, Pacquiao asked JMM what he thought of the fight.
"I think Pacquiao won by at least 5 points", was JMM's reply, in Spanish of course.

JMM also asked MP which fight he prefers, Bradley or him.
"...for me I want [to fight]Marquez [for the] fourth time and what I want is... I want to do it in Mexico." Pacman answering with a smile.
For a boxer to challenge another in his own town is saying something. I think it's like saying, 'I've beaten you time and again, and just to shut everyone up, I'm gonna do it again in your home court!'

But then again, Pac has to finish off Tom Bradley on November before any fourth fight with JMM can happen.  Pac said it himself, he knows what to do. He needs to knock Bradley out the next time.



On a side note, it's nice to see that both fighters, JMM and Pacquiao shows mutual respect for each other outside the ring. Very professional. Kudos to both fighters!

----------------------------------------
-bloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment